Fenix Minecraft Server Forum

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Fenix 3.0 is Up! Join us at fenix.mymcnode.com or 69.175.6.78

Share | 

Mythic Bosses to Fenix 4.0

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Would you like to see the old Mythic Bosses added to Fenix 4.0?
Yes
67%
 67% [ 4 ]
No
33%
 33% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
beaver08

PostSubject: Mythic Bosses to Fenix 4.0   Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:07 pm

Juran has stated that he would be willing to re-install the old Mythic bosses to Fenix 4.0, if it is what the players would like.

So here I pose the question to you, would you like to see the likes of the Ent, the Fire Elemental and the Stone Golem back in Fenix? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolf77

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Bosses to Fenix 4.0   Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:35 am

I am going to put my vote in and say no for a couple of reasons.
<1>: The Mythic Bosses give everyone easy supplies and loot. This is both a good thing and a bad thing. As useful as it may seem to get these supplies, these are the tools that allowed us to basically dominate 3.0. Once everyone had these tools, they knew they could do anything and just lost interest.

<2>: If we add in these bosses, people can get to the highest rank very fast from their pickaxes by mining, and quite honestly, doing a bit of WORK to EARN your high rank seems to be a more satisfying thing, no?

Our goal is to keep Fenix thriving as long as possible and I believe that bringing these bosses back would be making the same mistake as we made in 3.0. People just lost interest because of the little effort they had to put in to get great power.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beaver08

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Bosses to Fenix 4.0   Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:56 am

Maybe there are ways to reduce people losing interest, however. Just as an example (this may be impossible to implement, I have no idea) but if there were a level cap for the equipment you could use to fight specific bosses it would keep the challenge and risk of dying, while still being possible to progress and earn powerful items.

So to put this idea into perspective, let's use examples from Fenix 3.0:

The Ent: Dropped Tier 1 items upon death. So with the level cap I'm suggesting, you can only kill the Ent using items that are below Tier 1 (i.e. normal enchants/gear).

The Fire Elemental: Dropped Tier 2 items upon death. So with the level cap, you can only kill it using Tier 1 items or below (i.e. only items dropped by the Ent or normal gear etc.) - Basically, you cannot use gear dropped by the FE to keep killing the FE over and over again - the challenge has to remain as a result of only using the items dropped by the Ent.

Again, this may not be possible to implement, and the rewards may need to be edited to give at least some chance of beating the next Tier (or not overpowering the player), but a method like this would stop the grinding of specific Bosses, like the Ent in 3.0, and as a result people wouldn't lose interest.

And besides, if the interest remains for long enough, I would imagine that if the Mythic Bosses do get re-installed, people would be keen to see new ones also be added into the mix *Hint-hint*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juran_Fox
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Bosses to Fenix 4.0   Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:52 pm

Mkay... Mythic bosses were designed to have Tier 1-50, and with each tier, people would be able to kill the next tier easier, till we got to tier 50. However we really only released Tiers 1 and 2, which left most people bored.

And as for your idea beaver, that'd be impossible to implement.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fenix.forumotion.cc
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mythic Bosses to Fenix 4.0   

Back to top Go down

Mythic Bosses to Fenix 4.0
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1